Sunday, September 13, 2009

Antique truck show

First picture is Jim "High Range" Haskins and his wife. They won the quilt behind them. When I drove for WW Clyde 37 years ago, High Range was the night mechanic on the shift I worked. For many years he was the mechanic at "Robinson's Trucks For Viewing" museum. After Art R. died, his wife died a few months later, the step daughter (with a fresh power of attourney) said no more money spent on museum and so no more job for High Range.
Next picture is stuff I won in raffle.
3rd picture is Jeff England with his long nose KW W900A show truck. Jeff is the grandson of Chester England who started the nations largest refrigerated trucking co. Jeff's brother Dan operates CR England today with his family. Jeff started Pride Transport about 34 years ago. Jeff started a truck show that is now held at Thanksgiving Point to benefit kids with kidney disease by sending them to Camp Kostopolous. The reason I mention him is that he asked our club members if they were going to put trucks in his show and one them said, "You've never put one in our show!" This year Jeff came with two trucks and the most beautiful 55 Chevy ever.
Last pix is my dear friend Danny Shimizu who has suffered shingles, bleeding ulcers, colon cancer, and currently in a daily battle with type II diabetes. He is the Utah King of old trucks and military vehicles with over 150 pieces. I hope he lives forever but if he doesn't, I could buy my Grandpa Provstgard's 1950 KW back into the family. I already bought his old Twamco lowboy back to go with it. Thanks for looking.









Sent from my iPhone

No comments: